Thursday 19 March 2020

A small excerpt from my life

 A lot has happened in my life from the last time I updated this blog. This is my humble effort to pen down some of them in this blog. I am the kind of person who finds motivation in the stories of other people, so if you are like me, and you are stuck in some situation which is draining all your belief and confidence upon yourself, then maybe this would be a read worthwhile.

I graduated in 2018 from NIT Agartala. Got my Bachelors done in Computer Science and Engineering, and now when I look back, it was the only SINGLE branch that I could thrive on. Infact, name me any other branch and I can point you out at least 3 things that I suck horribly at which would make my life miserable had I chosen that branch.

So after the dust settled, I had a decent job right after my college. Things were going well, within a year I could payback the education loan that I borrowed for my bachelors. And then I thought, why stop here ? So took a little more risky initiative, and brought my whole family down here in Bengaluru permanently.

I loved my job. I could work mainly on those areas which I like the most (databases), and responsibilities, respect, money all flew by hand-in-hand. And also got the luxury to live together with my joint family. How better can things possibly be ?

Life is cruel, and it would hit you hard when you expect it the least.

It was December 2019. My almost healthy father passed away due to brain hemorrhage infront of my own eyes, and I could not do anything. And within weeks, I lost my job. And there I was, stranded in a metro city with my family with absolutely no income.

It was harsh. When everything was going so smoothly, you just cannot expect such a sudden turnaround of events. And the Hindu rituals that followed after the death just made things worse, it felt like as if the same pain was intentionally inflicted upon me and my family every single day.
I could not sleep for days, had no other option but to cry myself to sleep, until the day when there no more tears to weep.

And I realized, it was time to retaliate.

So I composed myself back together, started preparing from the ground up. Applied to a lot of companies for basic SDE role, but my inbox was full of rejection emails. Some job needed 5 years of experience, and another job needed a seasoned Java developer, and so on. However, finally I got the chance to interview at three companies, and here are the experiences -

1. Google    - Google Interview Experience
2. VMware  - VMware Interview Experience
3. Zoomcar  - Zoomcar Interview Experience

I know some people who are actively looking for job and have their interviews scheduled sometime soon. If you are among them, I would be glad if those interview experiences help you in your journey.

That's all I had to say. Never give up on yourself, sometimes things will stretch so hard that you won't be able to find your feet. Still, stay strong. And in case it helps, if at some point you need any advice / just someone to hear you out, you can always reach out to me for any kind of discussion, provided that you feel comfortable.

And also, try to be as close to your family as possible. Not only during this corona-virus pandemic, but in general as well. They might not tell you, but they need you. And believe me, you need them too.

Stay safe, stay blessed.
Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I have always found you as an inspiration! Have seen You from the very beginning of the btech life.
    the best thing i found inside your heart is helping others, inspiring others!
    proud to have a friend like you!
    go head! and best wishes for ahead bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lines of inspiration to thrive a broken soul into being.


    Living inspiration to many like me.

    Stay blessed Arunava da. Stay safe too and most importantly stay happy.

    You are going to have the dream life you want soon. You will definitely have one . All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this...it will help us a lot as everyone is passing through so many ups and downs in our day to day life...u r the inspiration from college life and u will always be..after reading this respect has grown thousand times more than before..thanks dada Nd all the best...

    ReplyDelete